Raytheon Technologies Senior Electrical FPGA Design Engineer in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Are you someone that has a passion for working in the aerospace and defense industry on products that are on the cutting edge of technology?
Are you an individual that has a desire to be part of a team in a fast-paced environment that delivers products that protect the war-fighter?
Do you want to be a part of a team that challenges you, grows your skills, and intentionally provides new opportunities across programs to expand your technical breadth?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you about your career.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a division of Raytheon Technologies (RTX), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Our Mission is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities to the needs of our customer. We will empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions. We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology.
Newly opened, our Global Engineering Center - Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, is searching for a Sr Electrical FPGA Design Engineer to join our elite team of engineers.
The Sr Electrical FPGA Design Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Independently drive projects and execute to program schedules on time and budget
Demonstrate self-motivation, with little supervision required
Design and deliver production quality FPGA releases from initial proof of concept up to production
Work cooperatively with systems, hardware, software engineers, and program management to ensure product success
Design and code in VHDL for reliability and maintainability
Verify designs utilizing self-checking techniques with directed and constrained random tests, while tracking functional and code coverage
Create complete documentation including requirements, verification plan, and user’s guides
Support internal and external technical reviews
This position can be a Senior Electrical Engineer or Principal Electrical Engineer, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• A minimum of five (5) years’ of experience with digital design and VHDL coding
• Expertise in delivering FPGA solutions to system level applications
• Expertise in FPGA devices and flow tools
• Hands on experience with integration and debug
• Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineer or Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Must have or be capable of obtaining and maintaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
Qualifications We Value:
• MS or Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• FPGA design expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Radar processing techniques
• Image processing techniques for visual and infrared sensors
• Embedded systems design using ARM, Microblaze, or Nios processors
• Expertise in gigabit serial interfaces and multi-gigabit transceivers (MGTs)
• Knowledge in constrained random verification in UVM using System Verilog
• Verification utilizing emulation platforms, such as Veloce Expertise in Xilinx or
Microsemi devices and flow tools
• Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
Raytheon Technologies Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation (prorated for hire date)
• Twelve days of sick leave (prorated for hire date)
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Home and Auto, additional life insurance and group legal
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• Virgin Pulse-Wellness Reward
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. 182982