Raytheon Technologies Sr Mechanical Design Engineer in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Are you someone that has a passion for working in the aerospace and defense industry on products that are on the cutting edge of technology?
Are you an individual that has a desire to be part of a team in a fast paced environment that delivers products that protect the war-fighter?
Do you want to be a part of a team that challenges you, grows your skills, and intentionally provides new opportunities across programs to expand your technical breadth?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you about your career.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a division of Raytheon Technologies (RTX), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Be a key contributor to our Mechanical Engineering team…
The Mechanical Products Team (MPT) is the premier organization for mechanical hardware design, development, production and research over a broad portfolio of products including missiles, radars, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. MPT strives to minimize total systems cost, while maximizing production. This is achieved through commitment, training and continuous improvement using common tools and processes. The capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines, which include engineering, operations, technical services, materials and processes, analysis and test and documentation.
Newly opened, our Global Engineering Center - Puerto Rico , is searching for a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer to join our elite team of engineers.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The Mechanical Products Team (MPT) Shipboard Effectors Department is currently searching for a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer to support both development and production support across multiple programs.
Some of the responsibilities may include:
• Technical management of suppliers
• Concept development, detailed design, analysis, integration and test, support of transition to production efforts, and product improvement.
• 3D Parametric modeling
• Factory production line support in the areas of root cause and corrective action and problem resolution at various suppliers
• Collaborating with Integrated Product Team Leads/Program Managers to ensure that engineering requirements are defined, risks are managed, and schedules/budgets are met
• Working within the process to ensure Technical Data Package quality
• Exercise responsibility in determining and meeting the technical, financial and schedule objectives of projects, all while under supervision of senior Mechanical Engineering staff
• As a Mechanical Engineer, decisions are data-driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, or other Engineering discipline
• A minimum of two (5) years’ of directly related work experience in mechanical design and design documentation
• Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Proficient in 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing)
• Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
• Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Six (6) years of professional experience related mechanical design and documentation in Aerospace & Defense industry
• Advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with ASME drawing standards and CREO(Pro/E) or similar 3D solid modeling software
• Cognizant of machine suppliers’ capabilities or have direct experience in a manufacturing and assembly support role
• Experience in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials science, thermal and structural analysis, control systems, interconnect design, and airframe or large assembly development
• Familiarity with the design and manufacturing processes of CCAs, metal housings, sheet metal
• Very strong verbal/written communications as well as interpersonal skills when supporting team members and customers from diverse communities and cultures
• Business acumen
• Ability to work in teams or independently, flexible, demonstrates initiative
• Ability to lead teams
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute work to a budget and schedule
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
Raytheon Technologies Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation (prorated for hire date)
• Twelve days of sick leave (prorated for hire date)
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Home and Auto, additional life insurance and group legal
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• Virgin Pulse-Wellness Reward
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.