Raytheon Technologies Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Are you someone that has a passion for working in the aerospace and defense industry on products that are on the cutting edge of technology?
Are you an individual that has a desire to be part of a team in a fast paced environment that delivers products that protect the war-fighter?
Do you want to be a part of a team that challenges you, grows your skills, and intentionally provides new opportunities across programs to expand your technical breadth?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you about your career.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a division of Raytheon Technologies (RTX), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Be a key contributor to our Mechanical Engineering team…
The Mechanical Products Team (MPT) is the premier organization for mechanical hardware design, development, production and research over a broad portfolio of products including missiles, radars, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. MPT strives to minimize total systems cost, while maximizing production. This is achieved through commitment, training and continuous improvement using common tools and processes. The capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines, which include engineering, operations, technical services, materials and processes, test and documentation.
Newly opened, our Global Engineering Center - Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, is searching for a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer to join our elite team of engineers.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Lead detailed design, documentation, fabrication, assembly and test of high reliability electronic systems for various military and Government applications; this includes:
◦ Research, design and development in such areas as mechanical systems, thermal systems, materials, test equipment, hardware processes, or manufacturing processes.
This position can be a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Principal Mechanical Engineer, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the design and/or production of electronic hardware for military, aerospace or commercial applications
• Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances)
• Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Experience with ANSI drawing standards and CREO(Pro/E) or similar 3D solid modeling software
• Cognizant of machine suppliers’ capabilities or have direct experience in a manufacturing and assembly support role
• Experience in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials science, thermal and structural analysis, control systems, interconnect design, and airframe or large assembly development
• Familiarity with the design and manufacturing processes of CCAs, metal housings, sheet metal
• Very strong verbal/written communications as well as interpersonal skills when working with team members and customers from diverse communities and cultures
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute work to a budget and schedule
• Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
Raytheon Technologies Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation (prorated for hire date)
• Twelve days of sick leave (prorated for hire date)
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Home and Auto, additional life insurance and group legal
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• Virgin Pulse-Wellness Reward
Nothing matters more to Raytheon Technologies than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible 187811