Raytheon Technologies Manager II-Program Management in Anaheim Hills, California
Raytheon Technologies Applied Signal Technology (AST) has an exciting opportunity for a new Manger II – Program Management.
AST develops and integrates diverse capabilities across many systems in support of the Intelligence and Defense Communities.
The Program Manager will report to NIO Senior Program Manager within the Network Information Operations (NIO) Division of AST. The Program Manager will oversee their portfolio of programs, ranging in scope from new technology development to systems integration, system deployment and operational support. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of program execution including technical, cost and schedule performance and customer satisfaction.
The Program Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for ensuring all programs within their portfolio are executing according to established program management baselines. The Program Manager will assist the NIO Department Manager in development of business growth strategies, IRAD plans, sales and profit forecasts – all of which pertain to their portfolio. The Program Manager will be empowered to make decisions of significant importance across their portfolio and will be the key portfolio customer interface.
Specific duties include:
• Program Execution: Execute all program management responsibilities tied to their portfolio of programs. Serve as the central customer interface.
Ensure proper program execution by meeting/exceeding financial goals and managing risks and opportunities appropriately.
Author and present monthly program review packages that provide transparency of all program metrics.
Participate in monthly new business reviews.
Provide adequate staffing and staffing projections to engineering management, as well as accurate business management projections.
• Market Awareness: Maintain situational awareness of all relevant customer program activities.
Understand competitor capabilities in this space.
Assist the NIO Department Manager in developing market size estimates and resolute assessments for this portfolio customer.
• Business Growth: Assist the NIO Senior Manager in developing and implementing business growth strategies. Lead the organic growth and sustainment of current portfolio programs.
• IRAD planning and execution: Assist with the identification and planning of IRAD efforts/needs that are aligned with NIO growth strategies, as well as strategic priorities within their portfolio of programs.
• Program Growth: Assist business development with organic growth strategies including the development of customer engagement strategies and pursuit/capture strategies.
• Staff Management: Work across AST’s major locations to engage and motivate the staff preferred to execute assigned programs.
Provide performance feedback and personnel management.
Support hiring and staff realignment as necessary.
• 8+ years of proven leadership experience managing cyber and/or related technical development programs.
• Able to handle operational security issues
• Able to simultaneously develop interdependent programs and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively
• Experience with managing the logistics of all phases of programs; able to plan and implement in a timely manner
• Stellar communication and collaboration skills, including verbal, written and presentation
• Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; meaningful critical thinking skills
• Able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner
• Experience in cost account estimation, cost management, and risk assessment, as well as engineering planning (IMP/IMS) and project management systems
• Experience in managing advanced technology development programs
• Team player – ability to work within and across organizational boundaries and geographic locations
• Active DOD
• Must obtain Conditional Program Management Certification, in accordance with Raytheon Policy 248-RP, within 6 months of hire date unless extended under the policy
• Prior experience working with Department of Defense Laboratories
• Raytheon Level 2 Program Management Certification
• Experience managing strategic business to cultivate growth
• Experience managing special programs
• Hands-on experience working with customer to derive requirements
• PM or IPTL for an activity with at least 60+ equivalent heads
• Active participation on SAP or SCI programs
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or other related field
• 10 years of related experience or 8 years with related Master’s degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.