Raytheon Technologies Mgr I Logistics in Andover, Massachusetts
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
RMD Logistics has a need for a Logistics Manager at our Andover, MA facility. This position has overall responsibility for warehousing and kitting distribution functions performed.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for the overall operational processes and performance of all RMD warehousing and kitting operations across multiple facilities. This opportunity is in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Logistics Manager, you will directly manage a team of front-line supervisors, and indirectly the bargaining unit employees across 2 shifts.
In this leadership role you’re accountable for results: safety, security, compliance, mission assurance, key performance indicators, business system data integrity and financial results to budget.
You’ll manage a team to ensure the inventory accuracy of all materials stored within the warehouse, as well as, the accuracy of material and kits being delivered to the manufacturing value streams.
Your team will be responsible for the efficient material movements ensuring customer service level cycle time and through-put requirements are met.
You’ll foster a working environment that promotes safety, security, compliance and quality while achieving overall customer requirements.
You’ll actively establish, lead and participate in continuous improvement projects within RMD, as well as, at the enterprise level.
This role requires successful daily interaction with cross functional teams, programs and business units to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: planning, production control, operations, quality, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, finance and the program management office.
In addition to the above, your responsibilities include:
· Workforce planning and forecasting
· Employee hiring, training and performance
· Area layout and material flow optimization
· Collaboration with key stakeholders
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
This position is a Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
· Experience in a Supervisory or Management capacity
· Previous leadership experience in logistics operations or similar environments
· 6+ years of logistics operations, management, planning and / or supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Warehouse Management System (WMS), and Logistics Execution in an Enterprise Resource Planning system such as SAP
· Experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
· Ability to obtain a confidential DoD government clearance
· APICS CLTD or equivalent required (must achieve within first 12 months)
· Demonstrated Lean Experience
· Demonstrated Six Sigma Qualifications
· Strong analytical, problem solving and business skills
· Education: BS in Business, Supply Chain or other technical related field
· Ability to lead in a team-based, customer focused, safety conscious manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
· Solid People Management Skills – Goal setting, Delegation, Coaching, Motivating, conflict management
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and solid interpersonal skills; uses appropriate levels of energy to create enthusiasm
· Logistics experience in the aerospace/defense industry
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word)
Raytheon Technologies is a global technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Raytheon Technologies provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Technologies RMD brings together the talented professionals, cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions that ensure the success of our customers’ missions worldwide.
A key element of our growth is our strong commitment to the global marketplace. We sell products and services to customers in 80 nations, and our international opportunities and pursuits are growing.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171816
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.