Raytheon Technologies Linux Deputy Team Lead in Arlington, Virginia
The Linux Deputy Team Lead coordinates the daily activities of Linux Team staff – communicate expectations, train, and mentor staff; address client issues; and interface with clients as needed. The Linux Deputy Team Lead is expected to be process oriented and accountable for the overall success of the Team.
Additionally, the Linux Deputy applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
Responsibilities also include:
• Manage Linux team consisting up to 20 employees
• Communicate policies, expectations, and feedback to staff
• Facilitate a high-performance team environment and employee engagement
• Provide performance feedback and corrective action to direct staff
• Lead activities of Linux staff to diagnose and resolve client problems
• Guide and coordinate projects requiring scheduling
• Provide input on process improvements and contribute to the technology road map for the strategic plan
• Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards
• Provide guidance and training to staff
• Evaluate and provide input regarding employee performance
• Maintain Linux schedule for a 24x7 365
• Other duties as assigned and required.
• Must have a current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to start employment
•Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
•Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
•Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
•Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
•Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
•Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
•Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
•Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
•Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
•Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
•Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
•Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
Desired Knowledge and experience with any of the following:
Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired:
•Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
•Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education/Year of Experience:
•Bachelor's degree AND a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
•A Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
•Eight (8) years of additional professional experience (total of 16 years) may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
This is not a telework position.
Must be a US Citizen - This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.