Raytheon Technologies Senior Mechanical Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, imaginative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
Join with us! The Advanced Concepts and Technologies (ACT) team is a growing organization with a multitude of opportunities for motivated, team-oriented team members. ACT RI&S is interested in committed engineers and scientists who are passionate about creating creative and cost-effective solutions.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Mechanical Engineer with Electro-Mechanical / Radio Frequency ( RF ) sensor / Antenna, packaging and mechanical design experience to be an important participant on the mechanical integrated product team (IPT).
The candidate will work out of the Atlanta Georgia office, however they will be required to support program(s) in Goleta California, where occasional travel may be required.
The candidate is expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program and functional leadership to ensure that overall design goals are met.
The candidate is expected to have experience in the use of PTC Creo CAD software and have multi-year experience in electronics packaging designs. The candidate is also expected to be experienced in the use of GD&T for design documentation and fabrication.
The candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems. The candidate will be responsible for definitions of mechanical outline and construction details, mechanical and assembly drawings, and overseeing electrical layout and the technical data package.
The candidate will be also responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for the finished product. The candidate will work with minimal direction or supervision, while exercising latitude in choosing the technical objectives of the assignment. The position will require frequent interaction with program management.
• Designing new mechanical components and assemblies for opto-mechanical / electro-mechanical / RF sensor / antenna systems
• Performing requirements analysis/definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements
• Completing Tolerance Analysis of complex mechanical RF/optical systems
• Mechanical analysis of components and systems using common FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software such as ANSYS Workbench or Abaqus
• Participating in design reviews, peer reviews and customer review meetings
• Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Electrical Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks
• Leading and mentoring technical teams
•The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• 5 years of related work experience
• Experience with new product development from idea to manufacture
• Experience optics/RF mechanical systems
• Experience with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software
• Experience with CAD Software such as Creo, Solid-works or ACAD Inventor
• Knowledge of high precision manufacturing processes
• Experience creating drawings and incorporating GD&T
• Agility to support overtime needs for critical program events
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with internal and external customers
• An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Expertise with Airborne optical and antenna systems
• Expertise in dynamic analysis methods such as random vibration or harmonic response
• Experience with investment castings for complex systems
• Knowledge of additive manufacturing
Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Mechanical Engineering or other related STEM degrees.
Master’s degree from an ABET accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or other related field or other related STEM degrees.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.