Raytheon Technologies MBSE Senior Systems Engineer in Aurora, Colorado
At Raytheon Technologies, Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work closely with a Cross Product Integration Team (CPIT) supporting an Agile, DevSecOps to analyze and document system behaviors to meet emerging needs using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) resources. You will perform MBSE activities including interface with the customer to develop CONOPS, system architecture, system requirements and qualification, verification, and validation.
You will be developing and maintaining architectural views, interface control documentation, and other supporting engineering products; providing support analysis to allocate and trace system and element level requirements; and performing functional / physical analysis, allocation, and trade studies. You will also support engineering testing, integration and demonstrations, and post deployment support across the product lifecycle. Through Digital Transformation (DTx) you will perform these functions using a variety of methods and enabling technologies, MBSE as a chief enabler. You will enjoy a passionate, team-based, and challenging technical environment.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure lower-level models and software detailed design comply with the requirements and higher-level models
• Define connectivity between MBSE resource and external infrastructure and models
• Use Digital Engineering to cultivate how the team creates specifications, interface descriptions, trade studies and analyses, use cases/functional descriptions, measures of effectiveness, technical performance measures and other CDRLs
• Support multiple resource and environmental integrations
• Develop and share best practices, train others
An active and in-scope Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. security clearance
This position qualifies for a sign on bonus of $25,000 for a candidate with an "active TS/SCI clearance and higher" that can be verified and hired at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S)
• Systems engineering experience in requirements analysis and development, system performance analysis, using MBSE resources and techniques in an Agile or DevSecOps development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with Software, Integration and Verification teams
• Experience with requirements development and management, flow-down, design, test planning and follow through, data analysis, verification and validation, and operations support
• Familiarity with agile-scrum approach
• Knowledge of Systems Modeling Language (SysML) fundamentals
• Experience using one or more of the following Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) resources such as MagicDraw/MagicGrid, Cameo, or Rhapsody
• Microsoft Office applications, to include MS Visio, MS Project, and Power Point experience
• Skilled in preparing and delivering briefings across the organization
• Experience working in cross discipline teams and interact effectively with to complete product team targets
• OMG-Certified Systems Modeling Professional
• Agile Scrum Master experience
• Experience in implementation of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development and risk and opportunity management
• Generating systems engineering products for complex systems
• Writing or executing Acceptance Test procedures or Quality Validation Plans (QVP)
• DoDAF, Zachman or other architecture framework
• Modeling and simulation
• 5 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); OR
• 3 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, preferred)
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
“In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.”
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.