Raytheon Technologies Sr. Cyber Engineer II-Riverdale, Maryland or Aurora, Colorado in Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is looking for an team member to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for a Cyber Security position in Information Assurance supporting the development, upgrade, and maintenance of custom solutions activities in Riverdale, MD or Aurora, CO.
Key responsibilities include:
• Security compliance & vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks
• Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
• Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
• Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products
• Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) in order to enter a us Government Facility.
• 6+ years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include: practices methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time and leading technical projects in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
• Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines
• Demonstrated leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
• Experience with IBM QRadar and Micro Focus ArcSight and the ability to implement, troubleshoot and adapt between the two products.
• Experience with security information and event management (SEIM) tools (LogRhythm); able to operate, analyze and act upon resultant data products.
• Tenable Nessus experience including administration and troubleshooting.
• McAfee ePO/Symantec Enterprise experience including installation, troubleshooting and administration.
• Excellent understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
• Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability assessment/remediation including the coordination or performance of patch/configuration deployments across multiple platforms
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
• Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, SSCP, CISSP) is preferable
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a favorable USG Tier 4 background investigation
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
• Experience with Agile, Scrum, HW and SW life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes
• IBM BigFix Administration experience including fixlet creation, troubleshooting and deployment.
• COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience
• Experience with highly ‘matrixed’ organizations
• Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives
• Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation
• Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documented skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Linux system administration
• Windows system administration
• Network component administration
• VMware administration
• Operating system hardening
• Incident Response/Threat Hunting
• Vulnerability Identification and Remediation
Education Requirements: B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.