Raytheon Technologies Hvac Mechanic in Billerica, Massachusetts
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats.
Safely works from engineering drawings, sketches, and or verbal direction to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs for all aspects of HVAC/R including layout, installation, and repairs.
Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, and, installs DDC control systems and supports the site EMS including assisting other maintenance employees on various types of HVAC/R equipment related to facility and/or the manufacturing process needs. This includes, but is not limited to, installation and modification to HVAC related piping, rooftop units, chillers, pumps, motors, belts, pulleys, shives, bearings, air filters, compressors, valves, split systems, cooling towers, humidity controls, DDC and pneumatic controls, and heating/cooling load calculations. Maintains exhaust fans and air handlers.
1st Shift – 6:00am – 2:30pm - Billerica, Massachusetts
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Works from wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, sketches, prints, operating manuals, and other written materials, and/or verbal and direction.
• Maintains, repairs, and adjusts oil/gas burners.
• Annually cleans heating boiler combustion chambers and flues.
• Troubleshoots various types of HVAC/R equipment malfunctions to identify and correct issues. Initiates follow-up actions as required.
• Maintains, repairs and/or replaces various controls, including DDC and pneumatic.
• Maintains compressors, troubleshoots, and replaces pumps, motors, belts, pulleys, shives and bearings as necessary.
• Regulates and maintains the climate control and the manufacturing process needs of the facility.
• Makes daily inspection and repairs.
• Installs and/or modified as needed HVAC related piping
• Calculates head load and provides data regarding modifications needs.
• Notifies supervision when major and extensive repairs or modifications are necessary.
• Retrieves material and stock for all assigned work.
• Maintains a clean work area.
• Performs general maintenance and daily housekeeping of workplace, tools, and equipment.
• Maintains records, moves materials, and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
• Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
• Machines, Tools, and Equipment used, includes but not limited to: A variety of hand and power tools associated within the HVAC/R trade. This includes recovery and reclaim, refrigerant manifolds, pressure regulators, vacuum pumps, oil pumps, digital scales, psychrometer, thermal imaging, electric drills, pipe and thread cutting equipment, wheel pullers, soldering, step ladders and extension ladders, pry bars, bending and flaring tools, and other related tools. Also, thermometers, leak detectors, pressure gauges, air flow meters/hoods, multimeters, brazing equipment, reamers, and aerial/scissor lifts.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• High School Diploma, Equivalency (GED or HiSET) or two (2) years’ Trade School Experience.
• Current Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician's license.
• Current #608 EPA Universal Certification.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
Good computer skills
Works well with others
Has a track record of being reliable and dependable
Must be available to travel and have reliable transportation for alternate center assignments.
Ability to communicate, effectively read and interpret safety procedures.
Trade school experience.
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is part of a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm 190665
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.