Raytheon Technologies Principal Virtual IT Technologist in Billerica, Massachusetts
Raytheon Technologies has an opening in the Digital Experience and Collaboration Team under Global Infrastructure Services (GIS), the Principal Information System Technologist will provide operational and technology platform support for mobile and mixed reality computer hardware and collaboration services platforms.
Additionally, this individual will assist service leads in managing and fielding incident response and requests as part of the newly defined VirutalWorxTM remote collaboration and sustainment team.
Viewed as a key technologist and VirtualWorxTM service team member, you will help mature, grow this service collaboration capability, support its adoption, and enable rollout across Raytheon Technologies businesses including Raytheon Missile Defense, Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace.
Under the discipline of Information Systems - Multi disciplined, you will have the opportunity to engage in information systems design, development, and analysis encompassing two or more of the following areas of technical expertise: programming, application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Supports mixed-reality collaboration technology solutions, including administration tasks and configuration of endpoint devices.
• Provides operational and technical support for mixed reality collaboration systems including mobile computing hardware and software.
• Participates with service lead in managing and fielding incident responses and requests.
• Contributes to strategy, roadmap, and continuous improvement of a global mixed reality collaboration environment.
• Improves application and processes based on problem resolution and emerging business requirements.
• Participates in IT governance processes.
• Conducts integration testing of hardware, systems, and other software to ensure stability, security, scalability and fit for purpose.
• Minimum of 8+ years’ experience working with cross-functional teams responsible for delivering and supporting global messaging and collaboration systems.
• Deep understanding of Windows, mobile operating systems, mixed reality environments, mobile device management, endpoint management systems and collaboration applications.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
• Ability to network and collaborate in a matrixed organization.
• Knowledge and exposure of systems management including Mobile Iron, Intune, and cloud services.
• Excellent communication skills. Can tailor communication of complex topics to varied audiences effectively.
• Excellent customer service skills
• System administration.
• Experiences with PowerShell or other scripting and other modern automation tools.
• Experience with outsourced IT suppliers.
• MySQL, SQL and other RDBMS systems.
Bachelor’s degree in STEM; Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.