Raytheon Technologies Principal Software Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Bring your talent and skills to Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) Kessel Run Software Engineering Team! Kessel Run is one of the very few software development organizations with the vision to “Deliver combat capability that can sense and respond to conflict in any domain, anytime, anywhere.” It will realize this vision by fulfilling its mission to continuously deliver war-winning software that warfighters love. We are seeking Software Engineers to support the Kessel Run vision…
The successful candidate must be professional, a self-starter with a positive attitude, and have a willingness to learn Kessel Run program/organizational processes and procedures. Kessel Run development processes are centered on Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming with pairing performed 8 hours per day/5days a week. The candidate must be willing to fully engage the staff within this highly collaborative, knowledge sharing environment.
• Must have 8+ years of practical software development experience
• Fundamental engineering and software development skills
• Willing to gain experience with Spring Boot, React.JS , and Redux
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux environment
• You know about TDD, continuous delivery, and automated testing
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Design, develop and deploy applications with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
• Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
• Willing to work in an environment that supports your individual growth
• Continuously improve your development skills to create products that give users software they love to use
• This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements
• Have 10+ years of practical software development experience
• Ability to work in a team environment using agile methods and tools
• Practical experience with Spring Boot, React.JS , and Redux
• Advanced course work in software engineering
• Advanced course work in modern application architectures and/or methodologies
• Practical experience working in Agile collaborative team environments
Candidate must have a graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's or graduate level (Masters and/or PhD) STEM technical degree in the area of Engineering (Software, Electrical), Computer Science, Math, or Physics.
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171640
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.