Raytheon Technologies Autonomous Systems Developer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Help design and develop the next generation of collaborative swarm autonomous systems. BBN Technologies is seeking a scientist/engineer with a breadth of expertise in robotics – from sensors and actuators, class one UAV/UGV platforms, and collaborative swarm algorithms. Be at the forefront of creating the next generation of intelligent swarm systems by joining our team of talented scientists and engineers.
What you will do
• Work with a small team on cutting-edge research and development projects
• Design and develop prototype software using the latest open-source technologies
• Receive and incorporate feedback from end users, field tests, and exercises
• Explore technical possibilities collaboratively with motivated, world class colleagues
• Deliver practical solutions to complex problems
What you need
• M.S in Computer Science and 4+ years of direct experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science
• Strong programming skills and experience with C++, Java, and Python
• Experience with autonomous robotics platforms (drones, UGVs), sensors and actuators
• Passion for software engineering practices
• Creative problem solving and ability to build rapid prototypes
• Excellent communication skills
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
• U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Experience with machine learning frameworks and analytic tools such as Tensorflow, Torch, PyTorch, etc.
• Experience with computer vision, lidar, point clouds, and/or photogrammetry techniques.
• Experience with human-machine interfaces
BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. BBN values work/life balance (as evidence by a normal 40 hour work week), a comfortable work environment (as evidence by offices that have doors and windows and your choice of computer, OS and tools), and a pursuit of research (as evidence by our staffed research library, encouraging publications, and paying people to attend conferences). We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligent Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in artificial intelligence, cyber security, autonomous systems, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenging problems across a variety of application domains.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.173601
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.