Raytheon Technologies Infrastructure Technology- Bachelor Intern- Summer 2021 in Cambridge, Massachusetts
BBN Technologies is seeking an IT Undergraduate Intern for summer 2021 and possibly beyond in our Cambridge, MA office to support IT staff in administration of IT equipment.
BBN offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. If you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative, we'd like to hear from you!
What will you do?
• Maintain data center needs, which includes verifying server and equipment health status. Tasks would also include organization of data center and disposition of retired servers.
• Support servers running both Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Organize and maintain IT document repository
• Consult with vendors, as well as performing research and evaluation of products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment for new installations or upgrading existing systems
• Maintain open communication and positive working relationships with all staff
What will you need?
Junior or senior student currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study.
Familiarity with administration of Windows 10 operating systems
Experience with PC hardware repair of laptops, desktops, and servers
Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
Must be able to lift 30 pounds
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL
Familiarity with additional operating systems (i.e. CentOS, Windows Server)
Experience with scripting
Experience with basic IT infrastructure services, security, and protocols
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.