Raytheon Technologies Senior Engineer, Research - Photonics Experimentalist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Who we are
Raytheon BBN is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Our Physical Sciences and Systems Department, located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a qualified Photonics Experimentalist. The candidate should possess a solid theoretical background and experimental experience over a broad range of applications in multi-disciplinary fields.
What you will do
The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial group advancing and executing projects in optics and integrated photonics, as well as expanding to new directions in emerging photonically-enabled sensing, computing, communications, and information processing technologies.
What you will need
• The candidate will be passionate about precision integrated photonics measurement, a theoretical understanding of the subject, developing concepts, and working with software and hardware tools that enable novel experiments.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
• Experience conducting and automating integrated photonics experiments for a wide range of classical/non-classical applications
• Experience with modeling and measurement of passive/active integrated photonic devices and table-top optical devices.
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
Desired Experience, Skills and Traits
• Post-doctoral research or other research experience in optics and integrated photonics.
• Ability to confidently present technical information in presentations, journal papers, and reports
• Works independently and requires only minimal supervision.
• Contributes elements to proposals and white papers
• Takes proactive action to anticipate, understand, and meet project and customer needs.
• Develops concepts and organizes ideas; demonstrates originality and ingenuity.
• Exhibits a leadership and a work style that accommodates diversity in ideas, employees, customers and cultures, without sacrificing results.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance-based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.