Raytheon Technologies Senior Technical Scientist - Quantum Engineering Team Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Who we are
Raytheon BBN is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
What you will do
• Quantum Engineering and Computing (QEC) lead is responsible for multiple dimensions of the business: contract implementation, staff development and administration, business development, and compliance with company policies.
• Business administration lead for QEC group. Responsible for staffing decisions, interfacing with other RTX organizations on QEC topics, and interfacing with functional groups (contracts, HR, EXIM, finance, admin, others) for QEC related matters.
• Be responsible for team of supervisors, principal investigators, program managers, and engineers. Effectively oversee and develop team members across this spectrum of job functions and education level.
• Lead customer interface, marketing, proposals, and red teaming within the QEC line of business. Technical areas include quantum computing, sensing and communication, integrated photonics, novel materials, and cryogenic electronics
• Be responsible for updating overall QEC strategy. Propose and prioritize IRAD, capital, and material equipment investments.
• Manage QEC labs, making decisions regarding maintenance of equipment and purchasing of new equipment.
What you will need
• PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field.
• Must have deep technical expertise in one or more areas in the group's line of business (quantum technology, cryogenic electronics, photonics, material science), as well as management experience in this area.
• Demonstrated results in a research and development environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in business development
• Meaningful communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated expertise with proposals and white papers
• Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
Additional desired skills/experience
• 10 years’ experience; preferably in a customer inspired Science and Technology (S&T) environment.
• Current US Government security clearance
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.