Raytheon Technologies Senior Engineering Manager - Test Engineering in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE
, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.Role Overview
The Mission Systems Test Engineering is looking for a candidate to fill a Senior Engineering Manager position. This position will lead a team of 15 software, systems and hardware test engineers in the design and development of test solutions that will be deployed to engineering and production facilities. The number of active projects that this team will support will vary from 9-16 at any given time and will typically range between $250k to $1M each for this team.
Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, hiring and support in the training of new engineers in the area of test engineering projects. Candidate will perform staff management including performance review preparation/delivery, coaching/mentoring, career development, salary planning, reward/recognition, and performance management as needed. Candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects within the team. Candidates must have strong leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. Must also bring excitement and passion to this role and expect the same of the team. Prior engineering project leadership is required, and an MBA is desirable.
Candidate will also be responsible for adherence to capital and operating budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements, along with the planning and budgeting for the acquisition of test equipment. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring their team performs on-time delivery of test equipment to various locations per the agreed upon schedules. Occasional domestic and international travel is rare but may be expected for this position.Primary Responsibilities and Preferred Qualifications:
· Experience in leading/developing power supply, RF and digital technology projects.
· Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to lead a cross functional team in the development of test equipment solutions.
· Experience in overall successful project execution and oversight to ensure development teams have properly planned, set up project schedules, identified, hired and trained staff for project execution, and provide oversight that the team executes to the established schedule and cost objectives.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Engineering Managers, Technical Project Managers, Program Managers and Operations Managers across all business areas within Collins Aerospace (Mission Systems, Avionics, and Service Solutions businesses).
· Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals.
· Experience identifying and tracking work packages that can be worked by subcontract companies.
· Assigns technical resources to work assignments (workforce allocation).
· Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
· Actively addresses employee performance and development issues.
· Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success.
· Experience in performance review and career development planning for individual contributors.
· Salary planning experience.
· Responsible for the development and technical coaching/mentoring of staff.
· Responsible for on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.Basic Qualifications:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
Must have the ability to US DOD Security Clearance
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.