Raytheon Technologies Staff Technical Project Manager - Military Tanker Solutions in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE
, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Technical Project Management (TPM) role to support the avionics management system (AMS) for Tanker Solutions, with the end user being the United States Air Force. Tankers are arguably the airplane that is most important to the success of the United States Air Force’s capability to accomplish its primary mission of global reach. Every minute of every day, on average, twenty Tankers are flying. The Rockwell Collins Fixed Wing Systems team is directly responsible for ensuring those Tankers continue to meet the needs of the Air Force every day and for many years to come.
The project is looking for a TPM with experience leading multidisciplinary teams of engineers. This TPM position represents engineering as the Single Point of Contact, responsible for the project management of the technical development program within guidelines set by the Program Manager through Life Cycle Value Stream Management (LCVSM) and Customer. The ideal candidate provides program-wide focus for systems, subsystems and product development. The candidate position requires a thorough understanding of the engineering development process through all phases of the developmental process in order to develop an avionics system that satisfies customer expectations.
• Interfacing with customers and the executing team (both internal and external) during definition and implementation of avionics system installations.
• Working with Program and Product Managers to ensure customer expectations are translated into an executable project plan.
• Leading and coordinating program level cost estimates during the bid cycle.
• Coordinating all technical and project execution aspects of bid and proposal activities.
• Managing program technical execution and maintain performance metrics for management review and continuous improvement.
• Effectively managing program-level scope and change management, working closely with other TPMs and LCVSM to ensure alignment.
• Developing and managing the program-level schedule as well as the integrated intermediate level schedule. Ensuring critical path and key dependencies are effectively managed to ensure project successes.
• Reviewing detailed execution plans and schedules of the team/PEs (Project Engineers) to ensure adequacy, completeness, and harmonization with the program level plan and integrated intermediate level schedule. Leading teams to ensure critical dependencies are managed by the team at the appropriate system, subsystem, product, and component level.
• Regular collaboration with other GS, Business, and Regional Systems TPMs to ensure consistency in project execution and sharing of best practices and lessons learned, actively identifying, driving, and leading continuous improvement within the program and organization.
• Leading and coordinating program-level risk management in conjunction with the Program Office.
• Takes all possible actions to avoid or minimize problem areas. Anticipates problems and if necessary, pro-actively revises project plans as permitted by policy and project requirements.
• Primary engineering liaison with Program Management (LCVSM), Production, Contracts, Order Administration, Customer Service, Certification Office, and Service Centers for the schedule and quality aspects of new development and modifications.
• Conducting regular team meetings and Team Performance Reviews, reporting overall program engineering performance to plan as appropriate.
• Effectively interact with Engineering Management, Engineering Developers, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements. US Citizenship is required.
• Prior project leadership of large multidiscipline engineering teams, and managing customer relationships.
Successful Candidate may possess:
• Agile-like mindset and experience.
• Ability to represent engineering at internal and external customer meetings. Serve as liaison between functional discipline groups as well as internal and external customers.
• Ability to obtain a passport and the ability to obtain required visas for potential international travel.
• Ability to work in a very detail oriented environment, following pre-defined solution delivery processes.
• Ability to receive little instruction on day to day work, working under general instructions on new assignments.
• Ability to participate in determining objectives of assignment.
• Experience planning, scheduling and arranging activities in accomplishing project objectives.
• Promote leadership with a passion for managing projects / programs in a dynamic, growing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and be a team player who strives for a solution.
• Experience using Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project)
• Experience a plus: JAMA, ALM, DOORs, ClearQuest, Subversion, and PREP.
• Knowledge and experience working with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements a plus: including TSO, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B, DO-210, TSO-129, TSO-145, ARP-4554A.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success .
We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.