Raytheon Technologies Principal Industrial Security Specialist in Columbia, Maryland
Who We Are
Our Special Programs Security team is seeking a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO)/Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), working in support of Government Security. This position is available at our Columbia, MD location. At Raytheon BBN Technologies, you will receive a unique experience in support of National Security initiatives and programs. The candidate will develop, administer, and maintain comprehensive security programs in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position routinely interfaces with all levels of management and various government customers. The challenges are difficult but the rewards will be incalculable. Our team of Security professionals will give you the tools to prosper and grow in your Security career.
What you will do
• Perform as the senior CPSO and CSSO on various SAP and SCI contracts.
• Ensure compliance with the DoD Manual 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, 5220.22-M NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and related Industrial Security Guidance Manuals or Special Program Security directives.
• Conduct and/or Participate in annual Government Inspections with Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers.
• Develop security policies and procedures specific to program requirements such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and addendums, Proactive Protection (P2) Plans, Operation Security (OPSEC) Plans, Risk Management Framework (RMF), etc.
• Maintain personnel security records for SAP/SCI programs to include the use of DISS and Scattered Castles.
• Provide security oversight and management to subcontractors via DD Form 254 or other contractual methods.
• Investigate security violations/incidents, to include providing corrective actions to program personnel/management.
• Attend and support program meetings internally and at customer locations.
• Create, update and administer security indoctrinations, refresher briefings, and debriefings.
• Special projects as needed.
• Develop/maintain program Fixed Facility Checklists for the accreditation of SCIFs and SAPFs.
• Establish, receive accreditation, and maintain secure facilities in accordance with ICD 705.
• Effectively manage all phases of Communications Security (COMSEC) operations and account for all COMSEC documents, equipment and cryptographic key.
What you will gain
• Opportunity to participate in all phases of program lifecycles with Technical, Contracting, Information Assurance, Facilities, and Finance team members.
• Work with a world class organization that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Confidence to perform daily tasks with long-term strategic thinking and near-term practical execution.
What you need
• Active Top Secret U.S Security Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• 6+ years of relevant security experience working Special Access Programs and/or the Intelligence Community.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years direct related experience
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME:
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
• Introduction to Special Access Programs CDSE Certification.
• Prior experience with collateral Industrial Security and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA).
• Degree major in Business Management, Security and/or Risk Management, Government Policy, Information Management, Criminal Justice, or other related field of study.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit. Raytheon BBN’s Government Security team is responsible for vigilantly protecting U.S. Government Classified information for Raytheon BBN and its customers. The team is responsible for a strategic risk management program that adapts to ever-changing environments, risks, and vulnerabilities. Areas of focus includes Cybersecurity, Industrial Security, Special Program Security, and Security Operations.
At BBN, we are building a richly diverse and culturally competent employee population. We provide a welcoming environment where everyone can grow. We invite you to apply if this position sounds like it would make you excited to come into work every day.
How you’ll grow:
Raytheon BBN Technologies encourages leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you tackle opportunities, and helping you recognize and sharpen your distinctive strengths. We encourage you to learn and grow by providing development opportunities within a unique and challenging Science & Technology organization. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore your potential. We look forward to learning from you as well.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.181123
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.