Raytheon Technologies Quality Technical Manager in Columbus, Georgia
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This position manages the execution of Quality Engineering operational plans. May lead a team of primarily intermediate to experienced Quality Engineering professionals, or a team responsible for Quality Engineering for a smaller organization. Sets objectives and guides team on the development, modification, application, and maintenance of quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols. Manages the implementation of corrective actions for design problems for internally produced products and processes.
• Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
• Manages Quality Engineering operational plans and initiatives with a direct impact on reducing nonconformities and ensuring quality standards are in effect.• Manages implementation of solutions to nonconformities and to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
• Manages the development of new test and inspection plans, methods, and technologies to assure the reliability and conformance of products and processes.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.• Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Manages processes to identify and manage risk in product development, utilizing UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
• Provides oversight to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management, including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
Manages Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and the development of recommendations for corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes. • Supports Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
Basic Qualifications:Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor of Science degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
Six Sigma Green Belt
Background in manufacturing and/or engineering environment
Six Sigma Black Belt
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.