Raytheon Technologies Data Scientist - Engineering Data Analytics in Dallas, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is growing! We have an immediate opportunity for a Data Scientist - Engineering Data Analytics to join our Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Mission Area; Advanced Surveillance Systems Requirement Development group.
Explore RIS: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
The Data Analytics Scientist will join a dynamic product line team responsible for delivering state of the art system-of-systems and be a key contributor to help lead the development of data models, analytics algorithms, database structure, and visualization tools to support the reliability and sustainment teams. While this analytics effort will support multiple contracts and programs under RSS, you will work directly with the Sustainment team’s Lead Systems Engineer and Chief Engineer.
This is an opportunity for an experienced self-starter to demonstrate and grow their analytics skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Your multitasking and organizational skills allow you to prioritize competing tasks with ease to deliver sound technical results. You communicate daily with peers and brief leadership weekly. In addition, you look for innovative opportunities to increase efficiency and to cross-train with other members of the team.
• Minimum 8+ years' of related work experience in data cleaning, exploratory data analysis using machine learning algorithms, and data visualization
• Experience applying data reduction, feature selection, and feature engineering techniques to provide metrics that enable evidence-based decisions from real life events and data accumulation
• Experience with standard data science toolsets, databases, and visualization tools
• Experience with automating processes, analyzing large, complex datasets and communicating issues to the engineering team
• Requires strong written/verbal communication skills; experience using Microsoft Office tool suite
• Prior experience performing analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, modeling, test, operation, and maintenance
• Active and in-scope DoD Secret US security clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance within one year of start date
• Knowledge of radar systems operation
• Scripting in Linux environments (RHEL preferred)
• Knowledge with Python, sckitlearn, Jupyter, Neo4j, SQL (Microsoft SQL, MySQL), Tableau, R, Matlab
Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or related technical degree (Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics) with 8 + years’ of relevant work experience
Master Degree in STEM or related technical degree (Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics) with 6+ years' of relevant work experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.