Raytheon Technologies Sr ASIC/FPGA Principle Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space business is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Digital Design Engineer to work on product development for defense applications. The position is available in Dallas, Texas.
The candidate is responsible for developing unit, module, and/or Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. The candidate will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols.
The candidate will be expected to lead diverse teams, provide technical oversight, delegate tasks, and work with the Engineering organization to establish technology roadmaps, and contribute to general creativity.
In addition, the candidate will work with government personnel and programs, and define and refine requirements to validate compliance. The candidate will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, mentoring, and training to other employees within the candidate’s areas of expertise. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business-related travel.
• 10+ years of applicable experience focused on architecting, designing, implementing, and testing digital subsystems
• Experience with IPTL or PO of FPGA/ASIC development
• At least 4 years of demonstrated project leadership including cost, schedule, and technical responsibility of complex military electronics subsystems
• Experience with leading electronics development
• Experience with complex integrated master schedules
• Experience with FPGAs and embedded processors, Advanced FPGA design and analysis is required using tools such as Synplify Pro / Premier, Xilinx Vivado, and Mentor Graphics Modelsim / Questasim
• Must have experience designing FPGAs from initial specification, capturing in VHDL, verification and testing in Modelsim, in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience in bus standards protocol such as: PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
• Experience designing with Xilinx or Altera FPGAs
• Knowledge and Experience of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
• Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
• Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience managing and presenting technical data to stakeholders and customers in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related STEM degree and 10 or more years of experience.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.