Raytheon Technologies Senior Cyber Security Analyst - REMOTE in Dulles, Virginia
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Cyber Protection Solutions (CPS) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Analyst. The candidate will be able to effectively analyze all relevant cyber security event data and other information sources for suspicious network traffic, attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents.
This role requires cross-team and cross-geo collaboration, as it supports multiple internal and external customers across the globe. One must be proficient in communicating highly technical research and threat information to a range of audiences. This role takes on the most challenging issues from internal and external customers, and develops courses of actions to solve them.
This position can be worked remotely.
Responsibilities will include:
• The qualified candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks;
• Determining true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner;
• Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline;
• Update and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation
Track emerging tools, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and threats
Provide courses of action that reduce the risk associated with threats
Map cyber intrusion evidence to MITRE ATT&CK
Handle ad-hoc request for information from internal and external consumers
Conduct and disseminate content engineering
Management of Threat Intel Platform (TIP)
Formal report writing
Conducting threat assessments
Ingest and enrich IOC’s and share them with internal and external teams for validation and collaboration.
Guide junior threat analysts.
Provide timely, accurate and relevant intelligence products to the customer to include a variety of intelligence reports, PowerPoint presentations, and various briefings.
Prior experience working in one of the following:
• Security Operations Center (SOC)/Network Operations Center (NOC)
• Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
• Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
• Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
• Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
• Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
• Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
• System log analysis
• Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
• Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network attacks
• Ability to assess information of network threats such as scans, computer viruses or complex attacks
• Working knowledge of WAN/LA concepts and technologies
• SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
• Familiarity with packet analysis to include:
• HTTP Headers & Status codes
• SMTP Traffic & Status codes
• FTP Traffic & Status Codes
At least 1 security certification as stated below:
• Or related advanced IT certification
Speaks English fluently
• Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
• Experience with firewalls, routers or antivirus appliances a plus
• Experience working on a 24x7x365 watch desk environment
• Experience with industry standard help desk tools
Required Education and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience in IT with a concentration in security operations and analysis. Additional experience may be substituted for education (2 years of work experience for each year of education).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.