Raytheon Technologies Software Developer and Integrator in Dulles, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide a robust technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated team, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a deep focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence & Space Dulles Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customer's missions.
Software Engineers are needed on multiple mission-critical classified programs. Experience all aspects of a software development life-cycle as a member of a fast-paced team. This includes software design, implementation, and test under the direction of a more senior-level engineer, supporting customer demonstrations, and developing and executing automated software tests. Some engineers also have the opportunity to participate in installation activities both in the United States and abroad.
Work as a Software Developer and Integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic team, including many experts in their fields.
Responsibilities may include:
• Develop, integrate, and test software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Develop automated test and automated deployment software
• Full lifecycle DevOps including key principles like Infrastructure as Code
• Support Linux/Unix system administration activities and installation/configuration of commercial products
• Database engineering and database administration tasks
The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Knowledge of Java and C++ on a Linux platform
• Experience performing Unit Testing using Junit
• Experience using Software Design Patterns
• Experience using source control resources such as GIT
• Exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS
• Experience with multi-threaded applications
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
• Proficiency in system administration of Linux/Unix systems
• Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach
• Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python
• Experience using agile software methodologies such as Scrum
• Exposure to DevOps technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker Kubernetes, Ansible, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, and Maven
• Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Exposure to developing micro-services
• Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience with API development and documentation
• Experience with cybersecurity resources
• Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
• Certification in Security+
• An AWS certification
• Java certification
• An active and in-scope Top Secret/SCI U.S. security clearance
2 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 0 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.