Raytheon Technologies Software Engineer II-Dulles, Virginia in Dulles, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide a robust technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated team, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a deep focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence & Space Dulles Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customer's missions.
Software Engineers are needed on multiple mission-critical classified programs. Experience all aspects of a software development life-cycle as a member of a dynamic team. This includes software design, implementation, and test under the direction of a more senior-level engineer, supporting customer demonstrations, and developing and executing automated software tests. Some engineers also have the opportunity to participate in installation activities both in the United States and abroad.
Work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic team, including many experts in their fields. Specific duties include:
• Develop, integrate, and test software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
• Develop automated test and automated deployment software
• Some candidates may also support full lifecycle DevOps including key principles like Infrastructure as Code
• Some candidates may also support Linux/Unix system administration activities and installation/configuration of commercial products
• Some candidates may also support database engineering and database administration tasks
• At least 2 years of experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Proficiency in Java and C++ on a Linux platform.
• Proficiency performing Unit Testing using Junit
• Proficiency using Software Design Patterns
• Proficiency using source control resources such as GIT
• Experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
• Proficiency with multi-threaded applications
• Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach.
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python.
• Proficiency using agile software methodologies such as Scrum
• Proficiency in DevOps technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker Kubernetes, Ansible, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, and Maven
• Proficiency in system administration of Linux/Unix systems
• Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Proficiency developing micro-services
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Security Clearance – Current DoD Secret required
• Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
• Experience with API development and documentation
• Experience with cybersecurity resources
• Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
• Certification in Security+
• At least one type AWS certification
• Java certification
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred. Other STEM degrees and experience with a heavy object oriented software emphasis would be considered.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.