Raytheon Technologies Advanced Abradable Coatings Engineer in East Hartford, Connecticut
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney Materials and Processes Engineering (MPE) organization in East Hartford, CT is looking for an engineer who can lead the development and implementation of advanced abradable coatings for gas turbine engine applications.
The candidate will become part of a highly focused team in a high tech, fast moving and challenging environment. The candidate will work at the interface of physical research and technical development of the technologies applied in the aerospace jet engines. The candidate’s technical responsibilities will include:
• Development and implementation of advanced Thermal Plasma-Spray abradable coatings for gas turbine engine applications
• Development of physics-based analytical models in application to novel materials and coatings and their behavior during manufacturing and life cycle in jet engine.
• Development of technical proposals to capture internal and external research funding.
• Developing and executing project plans and cost estimates, meeting schedule milestones and reporting progress to senior management.
• Support of production processes to meet business needs and customer requirements. Responsibilities would include root cause analysis, brainstorming solutions, implementing corrective actions, and ensuring elimination of root cause.
The candidate will cooperate with cross functional teams including Materials Development, Structures and Lifing Discipline, Aero-Thermal Systems and Manufacturing. Flexibility in thought and approach is required.
BS degree in Material Science, Engineering Physics, Applied Physics or related technical field
5+ years of experience in thermal spray processes or 3+ years with an advanced degree
US Citizen required
Security clearance is preferred;
candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Knowledge of and experience in ceramic abradable coatings
Experience working TRL development technologies
Knowledge of and/or experience in physics-based materials and processes models at different length and time scales and associated experimental research to understand material properties.
Experience working with diverse teams and multi-years multidisciplinary programs
Have strong communication skills and be highly motivated
High level of communication and cooperation with team members
Experience in data collection and management, data analysis methods and computational methods is highly desired
Experience with ACE/Continuous Improvement, Lean/Six Sigma tools is a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.