Raytheon Technologies Algorithms Techniques - Senior Principal Systems Engineer in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is seeking top candidates to redefine the possible in the radio-frequency (RF) domain.
Come join the RI&S Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) team and help lead the way in the advanced RF technology domain by solving the most challenging problems facing our customers!
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Algorithms Techniques!
This role will support a variety of programs that are defining, creating, and fielding the next-generation RF technologies and capabilities that are needed by our national defense force in order to meet and surpass the threats of today and beyond.
Due to the wide variety of programs supported by our team, the exact skillset needed or emphasized depends on the specific program. However, in this role candidates will perform some subset of the following RF-domain-specific activities:
• Design, implement, and validate algorithms for RF digital signal processing, data fusion, target tracking, and automated resource management, using both simulated and real-time demonstration data
• Design and advance the state-of-the-art of next-generation, multi-function RF systems architectures and interfaces via systems engineering requirements development and trade studies
• Modeling and simulation of sensor phenomenology, both for RF sensors (e.g. radar, SAR, ESM) and sensors outside the RF spectrum (e.g., EO/IR)
• Modeling and simulation of sensor network performance using tools produced internally or provided by external customers or groups
• Modeling and simulation of battle management command and control (BMC2) and automated resource management
• Develop and extend automated analysis tools for reducing large data sets and producing analysis outputs, e.g., RF sensor I/Q data, sensor measurement data, tracker measurement data
• Design and apply AI/ML algorithms and techniques to problems in the RF domain
• Collaborate closely within a multi-disciplinary team of systems, software, and hardware engineers
• Interface with technical and program team leads on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment
• Routinely present technical findings and progress to the customer, collaborating organizations, and groups internal to RI&S
• Have the opportunity to act as the lead of small technical teams or tasks and report progress to the lead systems engineer and/or chief engineer
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
El Segundo, CA
• Extensive experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
• Experience with MATLAB, Python, C/C++, or related programming languages
• Extensive knowledge of radar or similar RF systems
• Strong mathematical background
• Experience leading technical teams and projects
• Experience in data analysis and mathematical problem solving
• Proven ability to lead, mentor others and directly work initiatives while contributing on complex problems in a team-oriented environment
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple concurrent assignments and prioritize tasking
• Experience with advanced RF processing techniques such as adaptive filtering, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
• Experience in advanced data fusion and target tracking techniques such as Kalman filtering, multi-hypothesis tracking
• Experience with development best practices/frameworks, e.g., Agile, DevSecOps
• Background in Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2)
• Experience developing analysis and real-time software in both Linux/Unix and Windows environments
• Experience in process automation, scripting
• Experience performing large-scale analysis and reduction on large data sets
10 years of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or 8 years of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.