Raytheon Technologies Associate Director, Material Program Manager in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (Space Systems) organization is looking for an experienced Associate Director Material Program Manager in support of multiple programs within the Space (ISR&C, Strategic Systems, Special Programs) portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for leading the Space Front End Of The Business (FEOTB) area with diverse team and managing a dynamic and complex supply chain activities. In this role, the MPM will need to be a excellent leader with demonstrated project management, critical thinking skills and be directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance. The MPM must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program goals, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal and external organization, including supplier managements.
The MPM will serve as the leader for all program supply chain activities as well as managing MPM employees and is the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. The SCM advises the Space SCM Executive Director as well as the Program Management Office key team members team on material strategies, plans, and supplier risk management activities. This leader will care for and lead front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires a team member who will be able to exert impact and have an effect on the overall targets and long-range goals of the Space product lines and their Program Management offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Expert knowledge in proposals and captures
• Develop and implement complex integrated supply chain strategies that cross a variety of inter-related programs
• Lead and guide a team of Supply Chain Managers and matrixed Supply Chain Acquisition personnel regarding their development and productivity for the program areas which includes performing all reviews, staffing ownership, and personnel development.
• Responsible to the Customer, Program, and Functional Leadership to meet all material contract goals (technical, cost, schedule)
• Care for, develop and lead Supply Chain proposal activities including task descriptions and basis of estimates that align with Program strategies
• Responsible for the delivery of procured material from the suppliers, through external testing, and shipment to its contractual destination
• Conduct material contract closure activity together with Contracts and Program Office
• Establish material priorities across the programs
• Provide comprehensive Supply Chain support and reviews and ensure compliance. Key activities typically include: Earned Value, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.
• Overall ownership of the Supplier Management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, MRP Health, supplier performance, Small Business plan development and implementation, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW plan, etc.)
• Act as the Control Account Manager (CAM) or supports the assigned CAM
• Implement and cultivate process improvements that result in a healthy value chain for development and production programs
• Minimum of 12 years of related experience in Supply Chain, Project Management, Production Control, Operations/Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, and Program Management
• Experience in a leadership role on new and derivative development programs
• Experience in Earned Value Management or related financial management experience including developing & executing Risk/Opportunity plans to meet organization objectives
• Supply Chain experience in the Aerospace, Defense, or commodities-related industry
• Experience in SAP systems such as PRISM and APEX
• Experience with customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty clauses
• Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel and Project)
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems, and will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
• Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Administration and senior key team members
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
• Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
• APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
• Experience with development programs
• SSBI Clearance / TS desired or ability to obtain
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related field
• MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred185669
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.