Raytheon Technologies Embedded Radar Software Engineer - Active SECRET required - El Segundo, CA or McKinney, TX in El Segundo, California
Are you a dynamic and experienced Embedded Radar Software Engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the greater Los Angeles area? Then join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in El Segundo, California or McKinney, Texas.
The Secure Sensor Solutions group is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Embedded Radar Software Engineer to develop embedded software for radar applications. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes.
• Develop radar applications in types of software in C/C++
• Show excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
• Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
• Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
• Work proactively to complete tasks with some oversight direction
• Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
• Significantly contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience developing software utilizing C, C++, or related tools/languages or minimum 2+ years with a Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related STEM degree
• Experience developing embedded software for radar applications or sensors or algorithm development or signal/data processing
• Experience developing on Red Hat Linux or equivalent OS
• Experience with Coverity or LDRA or other equivalent static analysis tools
• Experience with Containerization and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Hardware / software integration experience
• Experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Processes
• U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active DoD SECRET or higher clearance as of day one of employment
• Candidate will have experience with various radar processor subsystems including radar SW and/or hardware
• Rapid development and integration of radar modes
• Use of industry-standard hardware, middleware and development tools to streamline development and integration
• Utilizing COTS tools on radar systems to create portable, extensibility secure systems
• Test and integration of radar systems with Man-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-loop systems
• Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
• Experience developing on ARM architecture or GPU processors
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related STEM degree from accredited university.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.