Raytheon Technologies FPGA Design - Senior Principal Electrical Engineer in El Segundo, California
This requisition is for future work, if you meet the requirements you will be contacted by the recruiter. We are open to various years of experience and various seniority levels. (Sorry no new grads or interns) US Citizenship required. If you are an Electrical Engineer with Digital Design and Radar Control or Radar Processor experience, please apply and we will contact you.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space business is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Digital Design Engineer to work on Radar Control and Radar Processor electronics product development for defense applications. The position is available in El Segundo and Fullerton California.
The candidate will be responsible for circuit card design and guiding the hardware development of a digital signal processing subsystems designed for Airborne Applications. The selected candidate will be expected to lead diverse teams, provide technical oversight, delegate tasks, and work with the Engineering organization to establish technology roadmaps, and contribute to general creativity.
In addition, the candidate will work with government personnel and programs, and define and refine requirements to validate hardware compliance. The candidate will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, mentoring, and training to other employees within the candidate’s areas of expertise. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
• 10+ years of applicable experience focused on architecting, designing, implementing, and testing digital signal processing subsystems
• Experience with high-speed mixed signal circuit card design and/or high-density, high-speed digital circuit card design
• Extensive Experience with FPGAs and embedded processors, Advanced FPGA design and analysis is required using tools such as Synplify Pro / Premier, Xilinx Vivado, Intel (Altera) Quartus, Microsemi Libero SoC, and Mentor Graphics Modelsim / Questasim
• Demonstrated experience managing and presenting technical data to stakeholders and customers in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
• Must have experience designing FPGAs from initial specification, capturing in VHDL, verification and testing in Modelsim, in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience in bus standards protocol such as: sRIO, SpaceWire, VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
• Experience designing with Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
• Knowledge and Experience of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
• Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
• Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
• 15+ years of applicable experience focused on architecting, designing, implementing, and testing digital signal processing subsystems.
• Embedded software knowledge and experience
• Experience with simulation tools such as Symulink, Modelsim; Logic Bus Analyzers, In-Circuit Emulators/Debugger
• C or C++LabView, Matlab
• Experience with Electronic Circuit Simulators such as PSpice
• Familiar with Failure Analysis and worst-case analysis, HSpice/PSpice, Mentor xDx-Designer Hyperlynx
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering;
• Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering is desirable;
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.