Raytheon Technologies Manager III Systems Engineering in El Segundo, California
Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, Our Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging areas, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects.
Part of Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The Resilient Navigation Systems product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
#Guiding the mission
The Resilient Navigation Systems Engineering Department requires a MSO Sr. Systems Engineer to support the Modernized GPS User Equipment (MGUE) MSI (Miniature Serial Interface) Inc 2 program, a receiver card with the next generation application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC).
The MGUE MSI Inc 2 program includes the upgrade of current baselined GPS/Navigation units that are currently in production. The MGUE program involves the implementation to M-code capability with enhanced anti-jamming/spoofing performance. The effective candidate will be experienced at system development efforts necessary to propose, implement, verify, and deliver systems with complex embedded real time processing. As the Lead Military Standard Order (MSO) Systems Engineer, the candidate will lead the program to achieve MSO certification, to include compliance to DO-178 and DO-254, respectively. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible to lead the team through the approval processes (SOIs) while working and collaborating with the DER and customer. The candidate will work closely with program, engineering, and business development ownership during all phases of program development and must be effective at communicating and creating trust with senior administration and customers. The MSO lead will also be required to work across different programs to assure consistency in MSO program implementation. The effective candidate must be a demonstrated engineer encouraging technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors, while ensuring program implementation to plan.
Responsibilities will include:
• As a program’s lead MSO Systems Engineer, responsibilities to include guiding a team towards the implementation of the MSO certification plan. Working with the team to review the respective artifacts necessary to comply with DO-178 and DO-254.
• Additionally, the candidate will be involved with requirements development, design, create, integration and test activities, problem resolution and product verification.
• Ensuring the integrity of all engineering products, such as system plans and specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, interface descriptions, vulnerability assessments, software products, verification products, and product roadmaps
• Integrating across functional boundaries (Program management, Customers, Security, Finance, Software, Systems, Hardware, Test Engineering and Operations) to resolve issues and ensure an optimal balance between cost and schedule and technical integrity
• Developing technical baselines and guiding MSO engineering content in proposal efforts
• Briefing senior administration and customers on program progress and technical issues/corrective actions
• Active DoD Secret Security clearance Minimum of 10+ years of experience in systems engineering
• Experienced and knowledgeable with MSO standards, audits and certification processes.
• DO-178 and DO-254 certification
• Background and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, RF, and/or system level requirements
• Experienced guiding small teams to achieve goals on cost and schedule
• Practiced at preparing management level briefings
• Can work effectively in both autonomy and team environments
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Active DoD Secret Security clearance
• Experience with GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
• Experience with SW development practices
• Experience with ASIC development practices
• Background in RF signal processing
• Demonstrated knowledge of GPS user equipment and /or inertial navigation systems architecture, requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
• Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field
Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment182131
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.