Raytheon Technologies Min. $40K Sign-On Bonus - Principal Secure Systems Engineer (Risk Management Framework/Embedded Systems) in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems is in a technical growth mode and we are looking for team members who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key pillars: anti-tamper, cyber security of embedded weapons systems, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis.
The Principal Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) will assist with the development of technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of detailed analysis and investigation, ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction. The SSE will interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The SSE will be a motivated self-starter with an experience in Engineering (system, software, hardware and/or embedded), and demonstrated ability to exercise considerable latitude in choosing technical goals of assignment.
These activities include:
• Applying Systems Engineering disciplines (CONOPS, Architecture, Requirements and Verification/Validation) to the Program Protection pillars
• Decomposing system requirements and facilitating the design of new systems
• Defining/refining test plans and procedures to include analyzing test data and performing/documenting root cause analysis
• Interfacing with Program Management, team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
• Providing task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT *
This position offers a minimum $40K Sign On Bonus
• Minimum of 8+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems Engineering, Requirements, Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity or Software/Hardware Assurance.
• Experience in NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework (RMF) application to embedded systems
• Develop top-level system requirements, flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
• Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of secure systems design principles
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
• Ability to represent security department and engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, software and logistics engineers
• U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
• An ACTIVE DoD Secret Security Clearance is required on Day 1 of employment.
• At least one Industry recognized Cybersecurity Certification, compliant with DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II and above (Ex. Security +, CISSP, SSCP, etc)
• Demonstrated, working knowledge of RMF applied to Space Vehicles and/or Payload & Spacecraft
• Familiarity with Space Vehicle System and/or Subsystem design (i.e. FPGA/ASICs)
• Experience with the software developmental life-cycle of real-time operating systems
• Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
• Experience with COTS secure products
• Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
• ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance
• Existing SAP/SAR Clearance
A Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degrees are preferred. A STEM degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent STEM major) is required.183991
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.