Raytheon Technologies PDT Microwave Technician Micro in El Segundo, California
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Works from trouble and failure reports, quality history documents, test specifications and procedures, schematics, blueprint drawings, sketches, diagrams, data sheets, engineering documentation, verbal and written instructions. Requires minimal supervision.
Determines methods, sequence of operations, lays out, fabricates and assembles, troubleshoots and tests developmental circuitry, electronic systems, sub-systems, units, control devices and associated test
equipment. Applies experience and judgment to determine the most appropriate method to correlate design and layout to meet laboratory and production requirements. Determines methods, sequence of operations, lays out assembles, troubleshoots and tests developmental and production components, including test components, non-digital integration and control circuits.
Lays out circuitry and location of control and electrical devices and assemblies for developmental and production projects. Assists engineers and research assistants in the design of chassis and test equipment circuitry exercising technical judgment in establishing circuit details, selecting components and making substitutions.
Fabricates, assembles, calibrates, troubleshoots and tests standard, special or improvised instruments and test equipment requiring technical experience and skills to obtain desired results where a measure of original thinking and initiative is required. Sets-up and conducts tests using specially designed laboratory equipment to resolve electronic and/or related electro-mechanical problems; records, consolidates and interprets test data as required preparing reports, charts, graphs for presentation, review and/or discussion of conclusions with the company and customer personnel.
• 2 years of experience manufacturing environment or test operations.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Understanding of basic electronic and/or MW/RF theory.
• Knowledge of general manufacturing processes including mechanical assembly, circuit card assembly, and testing operations.
• Ability to operate computer equipment for hardware performance data collection, retrieval of electronic design or manufacturing documents, preparation of reports, charts, graphs, etc.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and automated equipment as necessary in order to perform duties listed above
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Knowledge in the use of o-scopes, network analyzers, signal generators, etc
• Ability to perform wire-wrap
• Ability to obtain and maintain J-STD Soldering Cert
• Associate's degree in Electronics or equivalent (Manufacturing, Operations, Industrial Engineering)174431
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.