Raytheon Technologies Prin Eng, Software Engrg in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Technologies Software Engineering team is looking for gifted Embedded Principal Software Engineer in the greater Los Angeles area who is ready to take on a fresh opportunity, grow their career contribute and contribute to making the world a safer place for our El Segundo Campus.
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) develops world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our innovative thinkers. Your contribution is vital to everything we build. As you cultivate the next phase of your career you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work. Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and define the future in aerospace and defense. Click here to view a brief video and learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space: https://youtu.be/E27yrxR4bN4
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking an Principal Software Engineer to provide guidance and technical direction. RIS is seeking an team member who understands ground segment development and has demonstrated successful technical leadership of a ground segment program. This position is located in El Segundo, California. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. As a Principal Software Engineer for the Space Programs, you will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. You will also be will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
-Requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design
-Software development of data processing systems
-Unit and module software test activities.
Clearance : Must be a US Citizenship
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or STEM related field.
• Minimum 8+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team embedded software engineering development.
• Experience working across functional teams to define, set up and maintain test environments.
• Experience with lab environments and equipment.
• Experience with C++, MATLAB, Python and other scripting languages.
• Experience with the Linux operating system.
• Experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment
• Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
• US Citizenship and the ability to access US only data systems.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Experience with SpaceWire and Ethernet interfaces.
• Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
• Experience with Agile-Scrum Methodology.
• Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Coverity, GoogleTest, Docker, and Artifactory.
• Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools..
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.