Raytheon Technologies Principal Engineer, Radar Systems Engineering in El Segundo, California
Come join the Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) team and help lead the way in the Advanced RF (ARF) Technology domain by solving the most challenging problems facing our customers!
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering!
This role will support a variety of programs that are defining, creating, and fielding the next-generation RF technologies and capabilities that are needed by our national defense force in order to meet and surpass the threats of today and beyond.
The selected candidate should possess career experience in technology development and demonstrate technical knowledge in radar systems. The position will contribute to program technical goals through sensor analysis, algorithm development, and technology development activities. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
El Segundo, CA
• Experience with radar systems
• Ability to develop, document, analyze, and decompose requirements
• Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Experienced with the following systems engineering functions: Requirements development and management; Architecture Development; System Design; Laboratory Development, and Integration, and Testing
• Experienced collaborating with internal company, inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multidiscipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experienced with engineering analysis tools (e.g., MATLAB, Python)
• Exposure to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and able to act as a Subject Matter Expert for enabling MBSE within the team
• Experience with advanced RF processing techniques such as adaptive filtering, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
• Experience in data analysis and mathematical problem solving
• Experience moving from initial concept to architecture then design
• Technical leadership and mentoring skills
• Experience leading small technical teams or projects
• Experience with development best practices/frameworks, e.g., Agile, DevSecOps
8 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 6 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.