Raytheon Technologies Principal FPGA Verification Engineer in El Segundo, California
This position is for a FPGA Design/Verification engineer to work in the Electronics Center for the Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) Business Unit. The person hired for this position will implement digital logic design, develop verification environment utilizing UVM, run randomized and direct testing with self-checking capability to achieve closure on functional coverage and code coverage, implement automated requirements tracing, perform reviews and audit the simulation test procedures and test environment. This engineer is expected to stay current in the continuously developing field, and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design, verification, and digital hardware engineering.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification.
• Expertise in HVL and HDL (SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL).
• Experience with worst case analysis for power and timing in digital systems.
• Experience with multiple clock domains designs and timing closure.
• Advanced knowledge of HVL methodology (UVM/OVM/VMM).
• Experience with industry standard electrical engineering CAE
(computer-aided-engineering) tools from vendors such as Mentor Graphics.
• Solid verification skills in problem solving, constrained random testing, and debugging.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
• Experience with SystemVerilog Assertion (SVA).
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Designing for space application
• Experience with formal verification
• Experience with Agile development, SCRUM and JIRA.
• Digital signal processing experience
• Experience with DDR3/4, PCIe, sRIO, SPI, I2C, SpW interfaces
• Designing latest Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi FPGAs
• Programming experience in C/C+
- • Algorithm verification experience using Matlab/Simulink
• A great teammate with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.