Raytheon Technologies Principal Systems Engineer - Team Lead in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is seeking top candidates to redefine the possible in the radio-frequency (RF) domain.
Come join the RI&S Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) team and help lead the way in the advanced RF technology domain by solving the most challenging problems facing our customers!
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Systems Engineer – Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL)!
This role will support a variety of programs that are defining, creating, and fielding the next-generation RF technologies and capabilities that are needed by our national defense force in order to meet and surpass the threats of today and beyond. We are seeking a candidate excited to take on a technical leadership role that spans multiple programs developing advanced, next-generation RF technology.
As an IPTL, the successful candidate will:
• Coordinate with program and technical leadership (e.g., Program Managers, Chief Engineers) to help track tasking and direct work for interdisciplinary systems+software technical teams
• Maintain and update long-term program milestone schedules that involve both customer events and collaborating organizations
• Be primarily responsible for obtaining technical and schedule inputs from the team and producing presentation material for weekly customer meetings
• Perform tailored systems engineering tasks, e.g., requirements definition and tracking, interface development both within the RTX team as well as with collaborating organizations, test and security plan development, etc.
• Coordinate with and track tasking for supporting functions internal to RTX, i.e., Security, IT, and Information Assurance
• Participate in and take ownership of stages of new business efforts, e.g., proposals, preparing bids, developing bases of estimates, etc.
• Attend and in some cases lead technical meetings with both internal and external customers and stakeholders
• Help actively grow the team via technical on-boarding and mentorship
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance, with the ability to obtain Top Secret as well as Special Access
El Segundo, CA
• At least one year of demonstrated project leadership that includes schedule and technical responsibilities
• Familiarity with developing and maintaining complex integrated master schedules
• Knowledge of Department of Defense acquisition processes
• Familiarity with developing technical baselines and cost volumes in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from the customer
• Proven ability to lead, mentor others and directly work initiatives while contributing on complex problems in a team-oriented environment
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple concurrent assignments and prioritize tasking
• Technical experience in the RF domain, particularly in an area such as signal processing, target tracking, sensor fusion, or resource management and optimization
• Experience in development best practices/frameworks, e.g., Agile, DevSecOps
• Background in Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2)
• Experience developing analysis and real-time software in both Linux/Unix and Windows environments
8 years of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or 6 years of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.