Raytheon Technologies Reliability and Safety Engineer in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Technologies is a leading provider of GPS and Navigation Systems (GNS) and Space Systems, providing war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Reliability and Safety Engineer to provide Specialty Engineering design support for the Secure Sensor Solutions and Space Systems mission areas. The department is made up of several disciplines that impact designs early in their life cycle ensuring effective operation, reliability, maintainability, system safety and economical ownership by Raytheon, the customer and end user.
The Reliability and Safety Engineer responsibilities include:
• Integrating Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, System Safety and Testability into product designs and generation of allocated requirements
• Generating Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, System Safety and Testability work products and analyses
• Performing Root Cause analysis
• Managing FRACAS database of delivered hardware to include failure history, root cause, corrective action, and trends
• 2 years of relevant experience particularly in a Reliability or System Safety environment
• Familiarity with System Safety, including the generation of Hazard Analysis Reports
• Familiarity with Reliability predictions and performing failure root cause and corrective action (FRACA)
• Familiarity with processes that relate to design, manufacturing, and support
• Familiarity with understanding of reliability, availability, and maintainability data collection and analysis
• Organization, problem solving, time management and communications skills; detailed oriented. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources, multitask in a fast paced environment, and work under limited supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with program management and functional leads
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required as only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance
• Active DOD TS/SCI Clearance,
• Experience producing Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) predictions using MIL-HDBK-217 or equivalent methods
• Experience leading/conducting formal Root Cause and Corrective Action failure investigations through a Failure Review Board or similar review process
• Experience conducting a System Safety program in accordance with MIL-STD-882 to identify hazards, mitigate severity/probability, and formally track to closure, documenting results in a Safety Assessment Report (SAR)
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or Science (STEM)180018
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.