Raytheon Technologies Satellite Hardware Design Engineer in El Segundo, California
Have you ever looked up at the stars and wondered who might be looking back? Well, wonder no more. Raytheon Intelligence and Space creates communications and monitoring systems to keep America’s troops safe with real-time data, imaging and intel.
Space is a harsh, unrelenting environment and ensuring mission-critical hardware is survivable presents a unique opportunity – one solar anomaly can transform a billion dollar satellite into space junk. If you’ve designed for space before you know, if you haven’t designed for space before this is a chance to push the limits of your knowledge. Are you ready to put your hardware design skills to the ultimate test?
Space hardware operates in a vacuum, but the design work doesn’t – you’ll have an opportunity to lead, mentor, and provide guidance to small multi-disciplined design teams as well as interfacing with project leadership/program stakeholders to cultivate results.
You’re a hands-on hardware engineer:
• Mixed signal PCB circuit card architecture, layout and component selection
• Deep understanding of CAE (computer-aided engineering) tools from vendors like Mentor Graphics
• Signal integrity, simulation, power estimation, and worst-case analysis for mixed signal systems
• Standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes
• Full-cycle design experience
Maybe you have prior work knowledge with:
• High-speed ADC and DAC interfacing
• Design for high-speed interfaces and SOC bus architectures
• Radiation effect mitigation and architectures for mixed signal systems
• Space system applications and requirements
What’s in it for you:
• You’re helping keep America’s all-volunteer service members safe.
• Raytheon ranked #16 on LinkedIn’s Top Companies for 2021
• Flexible work schedules, potential for remote work
• One week paid company shut down in December
• You’re designing for space – how neat is that?
Due to the nature of the work, we must only consider US citizens who can obtain U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Raytheon engineering roles require a minimum bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline, your MS or PhD is even better! This position also requires five years of hardware design and testing experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.