Raytheon Technologies Senior FPGA Design/Verification Engineer in El Segundo, California
This position is for an FPGA design/verification engineer for the Space Systems FPGA Department within Raytheon’s Intelligence and Space (RI&S) Business Unit.
Ideally, the candidate should have product lifecycle experience from requirements definition, architecture, design, verification to multi-disciplinary test integration and production release.
Activities for this position include the detailed digital design and verification of FPGA that may include embedded real-time processors. Specific tasks include HDL development, IP integration, simulation, design documentation, design verification and testing, and the integration of hardware, FPGA, and software at the level of the electronic components and circuit boards. Candidate shall be able to apply FPGA Department standardized processes, methodologies, and tool sets including Agile Development, Model Based Engineering, UVM based Advanced Verification, Veloce Emulation, Continuous Integration, and Automation to ensure product robustness and on time and on budget delivery. Candidate will have the ability to present, explain, and refine architectural approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders. This position may require the individual to assist with mentorship and provide guidance to small teams of engineers.
• Electrical Engineer with 4 plus years of experience with an emphasis on FPGA architecture, HDL development, and verification.
• Experience with industry standard electrical engineering CAE (computer- aided-engineering) tools from vendors such as Mentor Graphics.
• Experience with worst case analysis for power and timing in digital systems.
• Experience with timing closure and knowledge of CDC analysis.
• Experience with complex FSM design development, synthesis and implementation.
• Experience with standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• Project and small team leadership skills.
• Linux scripting experience.
• Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow of requirements through multiple levels of specifications.
• Ability to navigate complex and sometimes incomplete requirements.
• Familiarity with Xilinx, Altera, and/or Microsemi development flows and tools.
• Experience developing FPGA HDL using VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog.
• Familiarity with radiation effect mitigation and architectures for digital systems.
• Experience with incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs
• Experience with DSP tools such as Matlab, DSP Builder, System Generator
• Experience with High Level Modeling tools and languages such as System C.
• Experienced with high speed interfaces and SOC bus architectures.
• Proficiency with functional verification test flow using System Verilog with UVM.
• Familiarity with code coverage and verification tools.
• Software and scripting skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
This position may offer a sign-on bonus.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date*
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.