Raytheon Technologies Senior FPGA Electrical Engineer II in El Segundo, California
"This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons"
• Candidate will join an engineering organization focused on radar systems.
• Candidate will be responsible for applying advanced technical principles and concepts to architect and develop FPGA designs based on high level system requirements.
• Candidate will have the ability to present, explain, and refine architectural approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders.
• Candidate will have the ability to determine and follow the course of action necessary to implement finished products based on the architecture developed.
• Candidate will have the ability and interest in leading a technical group developing FPGAs.
• Tasks will include development of Firmware Requirements Specifications for FPGA designs, VHDL-based RTL and functional design, timing analysis, simulation, and integration of FPGA designs into hardware. Other responsibilities include presentation of architecture tradeoffs, trade studies, design documentation, and mentoring of junior engineers.
• 6+years of professional engineering experience
• Extensive experience in developing optimal FPGA architectures based on high level requirements.
• Proficiency with VHDL for configuring FPGAs
• Experience with FPGA and CPLD development tools from Xilinx, Altera, and MicroSemi.
• Proficiency with functional verification test flow using VHDL with assertions.
• Proficiency with Modelsim for functional verification
• Familiarity with implementation of digital signal processing algorithms.
• Familiarity with digital receiver implementation.
• Experience leading a design team.
• Experience working in a system integration environment, verifying requirements and identifying and correcting defects.
• Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Linux scripting experience.
• Experience incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs, including PCIe and high speed Ethernet.
• Experience with DSP tools such as Matlab, DSP Builder, System Generator
• Experience with High Level Modeling tools and languages such as System C.
• Proficiency with functional verification test flow using SystemVerilog with UVM.
• Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow of requirements through multiple levels of specifications.
• Familiarity with code coverage tools for evaluating test coverage.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Desired Education: Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.