Raytheon Technologies Senior FPGA Verification Engineer I in El Segundo, California
This position is for an FPGA verification engineer for the Space Systems FPGA Department within Raytheon’s Intelligence and Space (RI&S) Business Unit.
The candidate for this position will develop verification environment utilizing UVM, run randomized and direct testing to achieve closure on functional and code coverage, trace requirement, performs reviews and audits on the simulation test procedures and test environment.
Activities for this position include the detailed verification of FPGA that may include embedded real-time processors. Candidate shall be able to apply FPGA Department standardized processes, methodologies, and tool sets including Agile Development, Model Based Engineering, UVM based Advanced Verification, Veloce Emulation, Continuous Integration, and Automation to ensure product robustness and on time and on budget delivery. Candidate will have the ability to present, explain, and refine architectural approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders. This position may require the individual to assist with mentorship and provide guidance to small teams of engineers.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification
• Expertise in HVL and HDL (SystemVerilog, Verilog).
• Advanced knowledge of HVL methodology (UVM/OVM/VMM).
• Solid verification skills in problem solving, constrained random testing, and debugging.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
• Experience with SystemVerilog Assertion (SVA).
• A great teammate with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Designing for space application
• Experience with formal verification
• Digital signal processing experience
• Experience with DDR3/4, PCIe, sRIO, SPI, SpW interfaces
• Designing latest Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi FPGAs
• Programming experience in C/C++
• Algorithm verification experience using Matlab/Simulink
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
This position may offer a sign-on bonus.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.180997
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.