Raytheon Technologies Senior Material Program Manager in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence and Space S3 group is looking for a Material Program Manager (MPM). You need to be a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and be directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance.
You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
You serve as the leader for all programs’ supply chain activities and are the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. You will be a member of the program office that participates in Program Performance Reviews (PPR), Program Change Control Board (PCCB), Risk & Opportunity Review Board, and Engineering Review Board (ERB).You are also responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives.
You will work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
Responsibilities span from the front end of the business SCM activities through contract closure.
We need an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
The ideal candidate will have financial, contracting, and negotiating experience and have had project management responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Risk and Opportunity management, personnel management, briefing in customer forums, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
· Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
· Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP).
· Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
· Overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
· Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
· Developing and executing risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives
· Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation
· Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
· Developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, short-range outlooks (SRO), material EACs, sales and operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
· Acting as the Control Account Manager (CAM) for material and SCM labor.
· Flowing down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans.
· Collaborating with other S3 programs to maximize efficiency of program execution including radar commonality.
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience in material program management, supply chain, manufacturing, engineering, finance, contracts, or quality functions
· Experience with customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty clauses
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Experience with MRP/ERP based requirements planning systems such as SAP, Oracle, MAPICS, etc.
· U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
· MPM certification or equivalent experience
· Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Management and senior leadership
· Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
· EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
· Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
· Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
· Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
· APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related field
· MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171576
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.