Raytheon Technologies Senior Mechanical Engineer II in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support multiple space programs in El Segundo, CA. The selected candidate will perform mechanical design using Creo, and/or perform AI&T activities in a lab environment. The candidate is expected to work with a team of specialized junior and senior manufacturing and mechanical engineers to support the design, build and test of EO/IR space hardware. Responsibilities include creating and/or revising opto-mechanical designs/drawings, generating assembly instructions and providing build support in conjunction with technicians and other engineering disciplines, as well as design for producibility and manufacturability. The candidate will be expected to present their work for peer reviews.
The candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. The candidate will need to understand change management and process engineering changes in a product data management tool. This will include creation, rework and changes to the design as the changes occur. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
• Minimum of 5 years professional engineering experience and a Mechanical Engineering degree
• Experience in the design and/or assembly, integration and test of flight hardware
• Proficient using a commercial CAD software, such as Creo
• Proficient in GD&T and Tolerance analysis for designs/drawings
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Proven Space hardware experience
• Experience in the design and/or build of electro-optical hardware
• Proficient in Creo
• Experience leading a design or build team
• Expertise of MIL-STD-31000 and ASME standards
• Knowledge of DFMA principles and modern machining techniques
• Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
• Understanding of Change Management, and processing Engineering Changes in a Product Data Management Tool
Current SSBI desired
• Minimum of 6 years with Mechanical Engineering Degree
This position may offer a sign-on bonus.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.181529
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.