Raytheon Technologies Senior Principal Airborne Electro-Optics Systems Engineering Mode Developer in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Explore RI &S: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
Our Advanced Electro-Optics Systems Engineering Center has an immediate Leadership opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with a solid background in systems engineering mode development for airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor systems.
You will leverage your expertise in performance analysis, algorithms, control systems, and optical signal processing capabilities when you join our dynamic system engineering team building and analyzing Next Gen EO systems, including imagers, passive/active EO tracking, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. The Senior SE will be responsible for performing mode development, design, performance analysis, modeling & simulation in the support of the development and build of advanced EO systems. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter with very strong problem solving skills, analysis, modeling & simulation, and algorithm development of complex engineering systems.
Main task include:
• Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics, optics, phenomenology, and radiometry primarily in MATLAB
• Development of signal processing, control systems, detection and tracking algorithms
• EO/IR system and algorithm performance processing and analysis
• Autocode generation from MATLAB to other software languages such as C/C++
• Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* This position can be filled in McKinney, TX or El Segungo, CA *
• Minimum 10 year’s experience with optical signal processing and EO systems algorithm design, EO system performance analysis, and simulation and modeling of EO systems.
• Understanding of algorithm functionality, and its derivation from physics and mathematics; experience with scientific / numerical computing in MATLAB or equivalent; and familiarity with software development in C, C++, and Python.
• Requires excellent technical writing and communication skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
• Travel in support of occasional offsite testing and meetings is required.
* An active and in-scope DOD Secret US security clearance is required *
• Demonstrated interest in rapid learning of new technical skills and knowledge domains
• Experience in the area of optical sensors, signal processing, tracking, detection, calibration, and/or radiometric modeling
• Knowledge in estimation theory and numerical methods along with some practical experience in these areas
• Familiarity with computer vision, pattern recognition, and GPU Tasking
• EO/IR and Laser domain knowledge
• Experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control systems, embedded computing, data science, or electronics
BS Degree in a related STEM discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.