Raytheon Technologies Senior Software Engineer II - Test System Software Developer in El Segundo, California
In the last few years you might have seen several amazingly beautiful images on social media of the Earth from space in exquisite detail, or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you’ve even gazed at these images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS). Our RIS El Segundo campus is situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer II - Test System Software Developer to join the Space Test Automation team at our El Segundo, California campus to further help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of Special Test Equipment (STE) Software for Space hardware and remote sensing applications. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about advances in technology, has an innovative mindset, dedicated to driving continuous improvements, and enjoys proactive interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.
Security Clearance Requirement: The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret or SSBI Security Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience working in an integrated product team environment designing Test Equipment for Defense and/or Space Systems
• Experience working in an engineering laboratory, developing software for Special Test Equipment (STE)
• LabVIEW programming experience
• Hardware communication protocols (GPIB, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.)
• Engineering laboratory experience, including: design, test, and debugging hardware and software
• Ability to create and present software design engineering presentations and summary explanations for senior level internal and external stakeholders
• Optical, digital, and/or RF test systems
• Objected Oriented Programming (OOP) LabVIEW experience
• Test Executives (Test Stand preferred)
• Perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis
• Proposal development including Basis of Estimate (BOE) creation
• Support formal reviews such as Critical Design Review (CDR), and Failure Review Board (FRB)
• Requirements management tool like DOORS
• C++ or Python programming experience
• FPGA programming (LabVIEW FPGA, VHDL, Verilog)
• Current Top Secret or SSBI Security Clearance highly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program or related technical degree
Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program or related technical degree 3+ years of relevant experience Software Engineering and integrated product team environment
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.