Raytheon Technologies Senior Software Engineer with Radar Mode experience - Active SECRET clearance required in El Segundo, California
Are you a dynamic and experienced Senior Software Engineer with mode/Radar experience interested in an opportunity to work in the greater Los Angeles area? Then join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Secure Sensor Solutions team in El Segundo, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Senior Software Engineer/ PCC Software develop embedded software for radar modes. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes.
• Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Work on technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
• Work effectively and contribute during all phases of the software development life-cycle
• Develop radar mode in types of software in C/C+
• Show excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
• Work proactively to complete tasks with some oversight direction
• Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
• Significantly contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews
• Function as a Team Lead and or Technical Lead to other team members
• Minimum of 6+ years’ experience developing software utilizing C, C++ or related tools/languages
• Experience developing and integration of embedded software for real time systems applications.
• Experience developing and integration of embedded software for real time systems applications, Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes preferred
• Experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Processes
• U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active DoD SECRET or higher clearance as of day one of employment.
*Experience with developing and integration of communication/messaging application, such as UDP, ØMQ (aka ZeroMQ)
*Technical and/or team leadership experience
*Experience with integration of mission or payload control computer
*Hardware / software / FGPA integration experience
*Experience with Common Open Architecture Radar Programs Specification (COARPs)
*Experience with various radar processor subsystem.
*Experience with Built-in-Test and Calibration sub-modes
*Experience with Earned Value, candidates are expected to become EV certified.
*Candidate will have worked with open architectures including Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA)
*Rapid development and integration of real time embedded, radar modes preferred
*Use of industry-standard COTS hardware, middleware and development tools to streamline development and integration
*Test and integration of radar systems with Man-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-loop systems
Experience with Real Time Operating Systems such as Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related STEM degree from accredited university.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.