Raytheon Technologies Senior Systems Engineer II - Assembly, Integration, and Test (AI&T) in El Segundo, California
Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership genes? Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you!
To view more on Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Space Systems, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
The Raytheon Intelligence and Space Systems Engineering Center is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will be a member of the Space Systems team and will provide engineering guidance for Assembly, Integration, and Test tasks on an EO/IR payload program. This position may include assignments in the areas of system verification and validation.
The successful candidate will have prior hands on space hardware assembly, integration, and test experience and be able to support and present at technical Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Failure Review Boards (FRB), Consent to Ship Reviews (CTSR).
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $25,000
• 5+ years of systems engineering experience with at least 3 years in space hardware integration and test
• Experience with EO/IR systems
• Experience conducting Payload Level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Knowledge in generating Assembly Integration Test Flows
• Experience in support of generating Verification Compliance Requirements Matrices, Requirements Verification Plans, Test Plans, Test Requirements Documents, Test Procedures and Requirements Sell-off Documents
• Experience with supporting formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
• Proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
• Problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
• Active and Current TS/SCI or completed SSBI within last 24 months required
• Experience with Environmental Test Planning, test methods and practices
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
• Knowledge in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
• Experience developing and operating STE
• Knowledge of electrical design integration – interpreting signal lists, Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs), and intra and inter box knowledge
• Knowledge in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
• Knowledge of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
• Experience in Matlab, C++, Python, LabVIEW or related programming languages
• Experience with standard industry tools like DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, AutoCAD and/or Test Stand
• Experience working in an Space laboratory performing hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
Masters of Science in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.