Raytheon Technologies Sensor Analyst - SE Advanced Algorithms in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide engineering leadership to the systems, software, integration & test, and technology transition teams.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
The highly qualified candidate should possess career experience in technology development and demonstrate technical knowledge in radar algorithm/mode techniques. The successful candidate will contribute to program technical goals through sensor analysis, algorithm development, and technology development activities. These contributions will span initial algorithm development, integration, verification, and testing activities. The successful candidate will be immersed in a enthusiastic, team-based, and challenging technical environment where ability and initiative can stand out and thrive.
• Creation of system engineer (SE) work products and associated analyses that document the algorithm designs
• Support the generation of SE and technical Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs)
• Development of mathematical algorithms for signal processing
• Performance predictions and analysis of data received from sensors on various platforms
• Perform technical and programmatic presentations to both internal and external customers
• Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test activities
• Interface with the Chief Engineer, Lead Systems Engineer, Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTLs), and other team members on a regular basis
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
El Segundo, CA
• Extensive Engineering experience
• Understanding of airborne radar systems and their principals of design, development, requirements, I&T, Operation, and/or Flight Test
• Excellent mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
• Experienced with engineering analysis tools (e.g., MATLAB, Python)
• Experienced with collaboration resources (e.g., Git, Jira, Confluence)
• Thorough Microsoft office skills (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to work independently and determine/develop approaches to solutions
• Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with program leadership
• Experience with radar modes, mode development/analysis, and data collection methodologies
• Experience developing algorithm and/or system performance assessments
• Experience with one of the following areas related to radar systems: search or track, surveillance, reconnaissance, electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
• Deep desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
• Experience with model based system engineering principles and tools (Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, and the like)
• Experience writing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Experience with development programs using Agile Framework methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
• Experience with open systems architecture (OSA)
6 years' of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or 4 years' of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.