Raytheon Technologies Silicon Validation Engineer - Mixed Signal ASIC in El Segundo, California
This requisition is for current and future work, if you meet the requirements you will be contacted by the recruiter.
We are open to various years of experience and various seniority levels. (sorry no new grads or interns) US Citizenship required.
If you are a thorough Validation Engineer with experience testing , mixed signal / RF / SERDES ASIC designs, please apply and we absolutely will contact you.
This opening is to fill a Senior Validation/DVT Engineer role for the Microelectronic Products Department of the Hardware Engineering Center within the Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) business.
The candidate will be involved with test plan development/execution, bench setup, and equipment/setup calibration for characterization of complex mixed-signal ASICs and very high speed analog integrated circuits. The person will work with industry guiding design and systems experienced professionals, be responsible for validating, analyzing test data, and writing test reports for state-of-the-art mixed-signal/RF/High-speed SerDes SoCs. Adherence to best test practices as well as high quality validation techniques, and completion of projects within budget and schedule targets are expected.
Note: This position can be located in either El Segundo CA or Dallas TX.
• Minimum 4-10+ years of demonstrated related industry experience
• Hands-on experience in characterizing and troubleshooting very high speed serial interfaces and/or complex mixed-signal ASICs
• Detailed understanding of high-speed PLLs and ADCs/DACs or RF/mm Wave circuit components
• Hands-on experience in Analog/Mixed-signal device bring-up and validation
• Working knowledge of test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, high speed real-time/sampling oscilloscopes, signal and noise generators, BERTs, logic analyzers, TDR, RF power meters, and analytical probers
• Thorough understanding of sampling theory, phase noise/jitter, NF, intercept point, SNDR, SFDR, BER, EVM, PSRR, S-parameters, de-embedding, and eye measurements
• Experience developing characterization plans and procedures, evaluation hardware and test reports
• Proficient in C/C++, MATLAB, or Python programming
• Good system level debugging skills
• Background and experience in software/software control of lab equipment
• Experience automating tests and data acquisition highly desirable
• Understanding of BIST and Scan testing a plus
• Experience with RF probing
• Knowledge of system and ASIC/MMIC requirements development, design and verification highly desirable
• Excellent problem solving and planning skills
• Thorough sense of urgency and ownership
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.